Life Skills Courses
About our Life Skills Courses
Our Life Skills programme gives learners the skills and confidence needed to be as independent as possible. You may want to develop your communication, literacy or numeracy skills and practise them in a variety of settings. Whether that’s handling money at a local cinema or talking to people, this programme will enable you to get the most out of life.
Classes are open to everyone – you do not need any previous qualifications or experience.
They are held at NMC on a Monday or Tuesday.
Duration: 4 weeks (2 hour sessions)
BASIC MATHS – BEGINNERS
- Myth busting!
- Rule of 4
- Simple mental maths
- Visualising – weights/measures
ADVANCED AND STRATEGIC MATHS
- Mental maths v Calculator
- Simplifying – Visual maths
- Breaking down – problem separation
- Round up / Round down
- Being the “Boss” of Maths
LITERACY AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Filling in forms (and understanding them!)
- Writing a letter
- Writing a CV
Time management and organisational skills
- planning your day-to-day activities
- organising your care
- improving self-esteem and raise confidence
- verbal communication
- Booking a holiday
- Filling in forms online
- Social Media eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram